This brand new 6 week course is a totally un-scary introduction to yoga, specifically for anyone who has always wanted to try it but didn’t think they were bendy enough. (Or thin enough, or young enough, or owned enough Lycra….etc.)
Together we’ll learn poses and practices to help you feel all kinds of brilliant. But guess what? There will be more than that. And this is what makes it really exciting.
As well as the time we spend together every week, you’ll also be learning practical tools so that you can continue get acquainted with yoga when you’re off the mat too. Basically, what I’m saying is there will be homework!
The little assignments you’ll be given are all optional and if you don’t have time to do them (or just don’t want to) that’s fine. But - Real Life Yoga is all about finding the ways and means to help you bring a little (or a lot) of yoga into your real life, because it’s one of those things that the more you do the more you get out of it. Annoying but true.
Here’s what a typical 60 minute lesson might look like:
- Each lesson will have a theme. For example, maybe we’ll be investigating why kindness is so important to our life on and off the yoga mat. So we’ll kick off with some chatting and exploring a bit of yogic thinking which we can take into our real life.
- Next we’ll do some mindful breathing; an easy but effective practice to get settled and ready to make the most of our time together.
- Then we’ll get moving into our asana practice (and start to gently bend our bodies); every pose will be offered with modifications and over the weeks we’ll build on what we’ve learnt.
- Finally we get to the best bit – savasana. This is the pose we do right at the end; you lie down, find some peace and some stillness and soak up all the benefits from moving your body and stilling your mind.
- Then you all joyfully skip off home, with an easy (but hopefully thought provoking) homework assignment for you to tackle before we meet again.
Where? Crystal Palace Osteopaths, 10 Westow Street, Crystal Palace, London SE19 3AH.
When? Our first session will be on Wednesday 17th January, and the final session will be on Wednesday 21st February.
Time? 11.30am to 12.30pm
· 6 x 1 hour long lessons.
· 6 mini assignments designed to help you create and grow your own yoga practice, bringing all we learn into your daily life both during and after the course.
· Your own virtual Real Life Yoga community, including regular posts from Meg suggesting articles to read or videos to watch, through a private Facebook group.
What’s the investment? Apart from your time, effort, good humour, and awesomeness? The 6 week course is just £85.
What you need to know: This course really is for total beginners, but if you have any serious medical issues you should check with your doctor before booking and participating. Please inform Meg prior to booking if you have any serious conditions or mobility-limiting issues. The course is located on the second floor of Crystal Palace Osteopaths which can only be accessed via 3 flights of stairs. If you have any questions or queries don’t hesitate to contact Meg on or 07747 481688 or email Meg.
Please check out the terms and conditions page prior to booking so that we’re all find and dandy with the ‘official’ stuff!