Contrary to popular belief (and what you’ll see on Instagram) there are a whole load of things you don’t need to do yoga.
- To be bendy.
- To be strong.
- To be thin.
- To be female.
- To be wearing a microscopic outfit made only from lycra and twine which costs roughly the
same as a small house.
- To be on a beach or a mountain.
- To be in front of a sunrise or a sunset.
- To be able to touch your toes.
- To be able to see your toes.
- To be vegetarian.
- To be vegan.
- To like kale.
- To know what a titibasana is or whether you’ve got one.
- To want to stand on anything other than your feet.
- To never drink wine/gin/beer/absinthe (etc.) ever again.
- To be photographed.
- To smile all the way through it.
- To have tattoos of Hindu deities, Sanskrit symbols, or “inspirational” sayings.
- To be on Instagram.